Hook partners with leading brands & advertising agencies to design and develop spectacular digital content for desktops and mobile devices. We’ve launched 800+ projects for over eighty popular brands and have contributed to some of the most awarded campaigns of the decade. We work with clients such as Google, YouTube, Toyota, Microsoft, Best Buy, and Old Spice. Our competencies range from amazing motion, with some of the best ads on the internet, to massive digital launches such as the award winning Smarty Pins and #DearMe. Whether it is prototyping for quick releases, or partnering with Google Creative Lab for massive product launches like the Big Web Quiz and Photowall apps for the Chromecast, we are focused on solving our clients’ challenges with the most fun and exciting digital solutions on the web.
We have offices in Ann Arbor, MI and Los Angeles, CA. We are a team of dedicated developers, motion artists, designers, producers, and quality assurance people. We are passionate about our work and believe you will be too, which you can see at byhook.com.
We are looking for an Interface Engineering Team Lead in our Ann Arbor office. The Interface Engineering Team Lead is responsible for overseeing all developers within their team and ensuring projects are completed by the team on time, utilizing industry standards and best practices. You will work on web development projects for popular brands and agencies. We're a close-knit group of people who love the internet and want to create phenomenal work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aptitude to adopt new skills and to help contribute to concepting digital experiences
- Ability to think critically, conduct research and creatively solve problems
- Capacity to communicate clearly with stakeholders and peers, and the ability to collaborate as a team
- Help expand the Hook culture with a fearless attitude and drive to solve unique problems
- Share and teach your knowledge of modern web development technologies with the rest of the company
- Participate in code reviews, and do paired programming with other developers
- Train junior and mid developers on proper development techniques and help them progress their skills in order to succeed and achieve their goals
- Work with team members to maintain motivation and engagement across projects
- Work with the Technology Directors and Producers to identify project scope, risks, and timing
- Delegate project tasks to members of your team and oversee their production and quality, while continuing to work closely on projects
- Collaborate with the Technology Directors to help oversee the overall delivery, standards, output and quality of team members
- Assist team members with problem solving, debugging and any other task related to completing their work efficiently and on time
- Be ultimately responsible for monitoring team progress, the completion of deadlines, and identifying problems and risks early and often
- Work with Technology Directors and Team Leads in developing new training materials, training programs, and setting department standards
- Take an active lead in the recruiting and hiring process, as well as performance review process for team members
- Help outline the department’s development process, including but not limited to: git, svn, build processes, coding style, coding standards and accepted practices and framework / tool usage.
- Help ensure the process and communication between the development teams and Directors are strong and efficient
Previous experience leading and managing a development team is also required.
EXPECTED TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Canvas and frameworks such as Three.js, Pixi.js or EaselJS/CreateJS
- Animation frameworks such as GSAP (TweenMax, TimelineMax)
- How to use build systems such as Gulp, Grunt, Google Closure, Gradle or ANT
- Build complex interactive experiences and web applications on mobile, tablet, and desktop.
HOW TO APPLY:
We love to see code samples and portfolios. Examples that show a solid understanding of web and digital technologies are more important than 10 years on a resume. Anything from prototypes to full on presentations.
Qualified applicants must include a resume and link to your code samples (e.g. Github, Codepen). No agencies, please.
This is a full-time position at our Ann Arbor, MI office. Company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, paid vacation and holidays, and more.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.