Hook is a Digital Production Agency. We are a creative company that exists to make technology more accessible to brands and their audiences. We have offices in Ann Arbor, MI and Los Angeles, CA. We are a team of dedicated developers, motion artists, designers, producers, and quality assurance people. We are passionate about our work and believe you will be too, which you can see at byhook.com.
Senior Interactive Designers are both master-level designers and skilled storytellers that use Interaction and User Interface to bring ideas to life. They are driven experts with a passion for making premium, ground-breaking work and commitment to fostering the talents of the employees they help manage. They are fearless leaders that elevate projects into uncharted creative and functional territories without hesitation. They’re design fundamentalists, but approach projects with rational and innovative mindsets, always mindful of how it looks and how it works.
Senior Interactive Designers are ready for hands-on projects at every stage of the lifecycle, from brainstorming, sketches and wireframing creative concepts with the project team and developing original campaigns, to participating in client presentations and ensuring deadlines are met, all the way to launch.
- Execute and manage original, persuasive, conceptual and visually compelling design work in line with agency standards.
- Inspire, oversee and provide mentorship to Designers and Junior Design staff toward the goal of accelerating skill progression through a culture of collaboration, new ways of thinking and knowledge sharing.
- Work with Creative and Art Directors to ensure design work exceeds client expectations.
- Maintain and promote an internal awareness of industry emerging UX/UI trends and standards with a strong focus on functionality, processes and tools.
- Inspires a positive creative culture by projecting a sense of ownership that elevates the standards and quality of all work achieved by the Design department.
- Research and analyze industry UX/UI trends and competitor sites and strategies, and perform competitive analysis and research for projects.
- Create and revise information architecture documents and diagrams including: content diagrams, content maps, wireframe diagrams, comprehensive diagrams and static prototypes.
- Working with clients and project teams to complete the information architecture and interface development processes for new production projects including site map, wireframe layout and template development/testing (browser and platform compatibility) while maintaining quick page load times.
- Has a strong background, with 5-7 years experience designing for the web and mobile, at least some in an agency environment.
- Has outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Is a master of Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Sketch as well as emerging interactive design trends.
- Can lead a team and mentor junior team members.
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation. You know a product needs more than just a pretty face.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a full-time position at our Los Angeles, CA office. We're of a close-knit group of people who love the internet and want to create phenomenal work. Company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, paid vacation and holidays, and more.
Qualified applicants should include a resume. No agencies, please.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.